February is all about preparation. There are many seeds you can plant already indoor and outdoor but do it at the end of the month. The first 2 weeks of february are often still too cold and wet.
- Plant seeds of eggplant, peppers, paprika's, beetroot, cauliflower and beans (indoor).
- Plant parsnip, spinach, leek, carrots, garlic, onions, shallots and radish (outdoor).
- When it's not freezing anymore, you can trim your fig, apple and pear trees. Never trim when it's
raining. The wounds will not heal.
- When it's not raining and the soil is somewhat dry, you can start dividing your garden and prepare the
soil. Don't dig too deep, just loosen the soil.
- You can also start weeding already. It will save you a whole lot of work in the summer.
Very important: if it is too wet or too cold ( particularly at night), postpone the trimming and planting for 2 weeks
DRAWING by our strange nature - Felco: your best brand in garden shears