What to do in October?
- Cut asparagus and Jerusalem artichokes off just above the ground.
- Plant garlic.
- It is still possible to sow outside spinach, dandelion salad and purslane.
- Harvest beetroot, carrots, celery, pumpkins and late potatoes. Store in dry and frost free environment.
- Remove the yellow leaves of cauliflower, brocolli, Brussels sprouts and do not throw them on the compost
heap but remove them from your garden.
- Empty the compost heap and spread it accros your garden. Dig out and the result will be remarkable next year.
- You can still plant bulbs!
Many plants have now produced seeds. Collect the seeds and let them dry for next year!
DRAWING by our strange nature - October