Sorry for being a bit late on the september vegetable garden advise. Better late then never:
- You may think there's nothing left to plant. Well, you're wrong. In september you can still plant lettuce,
spinach, parsley and chervil.
- There is a lot to harvest in September: tomatoes, courgettes, beans, apples, pears, prunes, figs, blackberries,...
- Sow winter rye, clover,... on the empty pieces of soil. They will keep them weed free and give them a lot of
nutrition in spring.
- Add compost to your strawberries
- Remove the leaves around the grapes in order to mature faster.
- Plant or replant rhubarb.
For your normal garden:
- Trim your hedges for the very last time this year
- September is a good month to plant perennials.
- Plant your bulbs such as tulips, narcissus, crocus.
If any of you have tips to see, eat, do in Malaysia, Singapore and Yogkarta, let me know. I leave on tuesday!
DRAWING by our strange nature - wishing for more green in the city